help me find strength

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

help me find strength

Postby AnnaMaria » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I am asking for prayers, not just for me and my husband.
Here's my story:
My husband and I were planning to adopt a child. We had met with the mother. Truly a lost soul. I befriended her and helped care for her up until she gave birth. Last Tuesday, she gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl I had ever laid eyes on. In the delivery room, I cut the cord and I was there for both mother and child. After she was born, the mother and father saw her and still wanted us to adopt her.
I cared for her, loved her for a day.
Then, suddenly, on Wednesday afternoon, an estranged sister arrived in the hospital room where I sat with my daughter and the birth mother. She looked at me and said "don't get too attached because you're not taking her home". I gave the two sisters time to talk and the nurses brought me and the baby to another room so I could feed her. I was visibly shaken. Within 10 minutes, the mother and her sister came, ripped the baby from my arms and said she changed her mind and left.
Words can't express the emotional pain that I endured, the total feeling of devastation and anguish.
So I ask that you pray for my daughter. Pray that she is given a life that she deserves. A life that if not better than what we could offer, at least equal.
Now there is also a chance that the mother may change her mind again and call me.
I also ask that you give the birth mother the strength to either get the help she needs to be a good mother or have the wisdom to realize that she made a mistake and rectify it by making sure the baby has a chance at a good life.
I also ask that you pray for my husband and I to keep our faith in God and that He gives us the strength to get through this turbulent time and help us find happiness in the family that we have always wanted.
May God bestow on you all His blessings.
Anna Maria
AnnaMaria

Re: help me find strength

Postby Grace » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 am

Anna Maria,

I will keep you in my prayers, also. You seem a deserving mother...and somehow God will answer your prayers.
Please keep us updated...
Grace

Re: help me find strength

Postby Grace » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm

any news, Anna Marie? I'm praying...
Grace

Return to Prayer Forum