Prayers for IVF #3

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Prayers for IVF #3

Postby sleverage » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 am

Here we go again! this is IVF #3 and we could use all the prayers we can get. IVF #2 was very promising with 29 eggs however only 2 made it to the final stage to transfer back and that ended in failure. This time we are doing ICSI and assisted hatching. Wednesday was the retrieval and we got 21 eggs. I got the call yesterday that 20 fertilized. While this is AMAZING news I just pray that they are developing nicely! The transfer will most likely be on saturday so please please pray that third time is a charm! Thank you all!
sleverage

Postby cdcarter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 am

You will be in my prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby sleverage » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I just don't know what to think right now. Tomorrow is my pregnancy test for IVF #3 and I am already showing symptoms that suggest it didn't work again. I am still trying to be positive but it is very hard when you have been through this so many times. The thing that keeps running through my head right now is what if I can never get pregnant? It is really hitting me hard right now and it is hard to comprehend. I could sure use some prayers of encouragement.
sleverage

Postby twportugal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so discouraged and I really pray that your symptoms are not what you think. After my second miscarriage I, too, really started to doubt that I would be able to carry a pregnancy to term. It was a really scary thought and I started to just feel so scared and sad at the possibility that things may never go how I wished. I would think to myself "what if God just really wants me to bear the cross of not being able to carry a child in my life. I will surely have to accept it if that's what he wants for me." I lost a lot of hope and felt that God just had other plans for me (that I really didn't want!) Thankfully, I was wrong and when I lost hope, God didn't. My faith was small at the time, but I remind myself of the quote in the Bible that talks about having even the faith of a mustard seed and how that is enough for God. While I can't tell you what God has in store for you, it is certain that you can rely on God to get you through -- even if it feels like you are barely holding on. Hold onto that little bit of faith (no matter how small) and God will reveal His plan to you. I pray that you are comforted on your journey and that you receive the desires of your heart!
Theresa
twportugal

Postby cdcarter » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 am

You remain in my prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Return to Prayer Forum