Please Pray

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Please Pray

Postby Jason » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:12 pm

My wife and I have four children at home, ages 11, 9, 6, and 13 mos. In June, we lost our fifth child to miscarriage. We are now expecting our sixth child and had an ultrasound yesterday. By the doctor's calculations, my wife should be about 8 weeks along, but the baby only measured at about 6 weeks. The heartbeat is strong, but we have to go back next Monday for another ultrasound to see how things are going and the doctor couldn't assure us that everything was OK.

Given the recent miscarriage, we're both really struggling with this news. We've struggled for a long time with the Church's teaching on artificial contraception but have been living consistently with that teaching for some time now. We owe our 4th, 5th, and 6th children to our acceptance of that teaching. It's very hard not to feel upset with God in this since we feel like this child (as well as our 5th child) owe their conception to our trying to do the right thing. Please pray for us, especially for my wife and this little one growing inside her.

God bless all of you.

Jason
Jason

Postby cdcarter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 am

You, your wife, and the baby will be in my prayers. It is not uncommon for dates to be off, or for babies to be just a smidge off schedule. Odds for a healthy pregnancy go way up when a healthy heart beat has been heard, so hopefully the next appointment will let you breath a sigh of relief. Please keep us posted.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby marin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 pm

I will pray for your wife and the little baby that she is carrying. I agree with what cdcarter said. Dates can be off at first, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
marin

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 pm

We lost the baby over the weekend. Please pray for us. Thank you.

Jason
Jason

Postby twportugal » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:53 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Theresa
twportugal

Postby cdcarter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know you and your family are in my prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby Melinda » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 pm

I am so sorry gor the loss of your unborn child. May God hold you & your wife in the palm of his hands as you mourn. Prayers for healing to you both
Melinda

Postby minime » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 am

Jason,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you and your wife have done GREAT with the artificial contraception issue. My husband and I, among other things, have also struggled with this issue. After years of only half-heartedly following the Church's teaching, we finally just put things in God's hands, letting go of our (mostly MY) selfishness, and sure enough, b4 we officially even started "trying" (we were finally just not "not trying"), we got pregnant. It is only our first, and since I am 36, who knows how many children we can have. God is SO good, there is a reason for EVERYTHING that is going on, even if you and your wife cant' figure it out now. God is merciful, too. I'm sure He knows that you are trying to do the right thing! Have faith!!! I will keep you and your growing family in my prayers!
minime

Postby Hollywood » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Hollywood

Return to Prayer Forum