Needing prayers...here we go again!

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Postby hopefulbuffalo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:58 pm

What a great update! So happy that your progress is going smoothly and I pray that it continues this way for the next two trimesters!
hopefulbuffalo

Postby jennmazz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 pm

I have been thinking of you! I am so happy to hear that everything is going well for you!! We are starting to try for baby number 2. I pray that we will not have the difficulties we were faced with in the past. I am truly blessed with my little girl. I would love to have another, but I would more than happy if she is our only child. You have been truly blessed!! I can't believe Isaac is almost 1!!! This year has gone by so fast!! I pray that your pregnancy continues going so smoothly! Prayers for your dad for a healthy and speedy recovery for his hip surgery!! Please continue your updates!
God bless~
Jenn
jennmazz

Postby katieh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Hello my sweet friend,

I am so happy to hear the wonderful news! I can't stop smiling! How is Isaac doing? I can't believe it's almost been one year! Time flies. You'll be in my daily prayers!

Sending hugs,
Katie
katieh

Postby cdcarter » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:00 am

Such a wonderufl update! So glad things are going well! I can't believe it's been just about a year since your little one was born! You and the baby will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby twportugal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi Everybody!
I just wanted to post a quick update and ask for some prayers.... tomorrow is our BIG ultrasound! I am now 20 weeks and am doing great. Everything has been goig smoothly (knock on wood!) My belly is getting very big and I've definitely outgrown all of my clothes. I can also feel the baby kicking regularly, now. I have, however, been experiencing really bad pregnancy carpel tunnel. My wrists and hands just kill me in the middle of the night and they fall asleep constantly. It makes it very difficult for me to pick up Isaac and change his diaper in the morning. I bought some braces and I'm going to talk to my doctor about it. I hope I can at least make it tolerable. Other than that, I've been feeling great. Tomorrow we have our ultrasound and hopefully we'll find out the gender. We're so excited! Please pray that everything looks good in our ultrasound. I'm a little nervous because we haven't had an ultrasound since 6 weeks and I just get very nervous when I have them. Please pray that our little baby is growing healthy! I will post an update after the ultrasound! Thank you for the continued prayers!
Theresa
twportugal

Postby jennmazz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Wow!! I can't believe you are already 20 weeks!! That is great! I will definitely keep you in my prayers! I hope that your carpal tunnel gets better or more tolerable soon. Hopefully your baby will cooperate and let you find out the gender. You will have to keep us updated!! Hope all is well with you!
God bless~
Jenn
jennmazz

Postby twportugal » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Well...the verdict is in!!! We found out that we're having another healthy baby BOY!!! We were so surprised and excited! Isaac's going to have a baby brother! The doctor says everything looks great. He said that other than the braces, there really isn't anything I can do about the carpal tunnel. He said it will go away after the baby is born. The braces have been helping and have really minimized the pain. So that is good. Thank you everybody for the continued prayers! It really means a lot to me. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers as well. I'll keep you posted!
Theresa
twportugal

Postby hopefulbuffalo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Congratulations on another baby BOY!! I'm so glad that you got great news when you went for your ultrasound. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and I will keep you in my prayers for another wonderful 20 weeks!
hopefulbuffalo

Postby cdcarter » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:34 am

Yeah! So glad to hear most everything is going well! Another boy! Any names yet?
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby marin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:10 am

Congrats!! This is such wonderful news. You'll remain in my prayers.
marin

Postby twportugal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello Everybody~
Just a quick update. I had a dr's appt yesterday and all is looking good! I am 25 weeks now and I feel like I am getting really big. Baby Boy is moving around A LOT and I am starting to get really uncomfortable, but that is ok. The heat has finally died down this week so it has been a welcomed relief! My carpal tunnel has gotten really bad but the dr says that there really isn't anything more to do. I have to keep ice packs on my hands and arms at night when I sleep or else they go completely numb and I am in a lot of pain. I will deal with it, though!

Also, I can use some prayers for something that I am struggling with. For Isaac I had a c-section because after being two weeks overdue he never engaged in my pelvis and the dr. felt an induction was not going to be successful (he didn't want me going through a 24hr induction and end up with a c-section anyway). We agreed a c-section was the best for both me and baby. Now, with this pregnancy my dr. does not offer for me to deliver vaginally. The hospitals he works at stopped allowing it after they had a few uterine ruptures that ended badly. I know there is much debate over vbacs and I had a lengthy discussion with him yesterday about them. He told me he would be more than happy to refer me to a dr. who could try one with me. He left it up to me. I know the risks associated with vbacs and right now I am leaning toward having a second c-section, but I am scared and uncertain. I think I am wondering if my first c-section was even necessary (only because of all the things I read about the high c-section rates) and now feel like I want to be certain a second is necessary. I feel really confused and down about it and I am asking for prayers that God will guide me to the right decision and put me at peace with my first c-section as well. Do you guys have any thoughts or experience? I don't like to ask many people because some people are super anti-c-section, but I trust your guys' opinions!
Well, I hope you are all doing well. I continue to pray for everybody daily! I'll update again soon!
Theresa
twportugal

Postby cdcarter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am

Could you ask your DR to give you the names of other DR's for a 2nd opinion before you decide? I have friends who have had wonderful VBAC experienaces, and others who decided to stick with idea of once a c-section, always a c-section. Oh, another friend who had an emergency c-section the first time and the 2nd tim tried to do VBAC, but ended up with a c-section. It's a tough call to make.

Sorry about the carpal tunel too. Sounds awful. Glad things are healthy otherwise.
-Cheryl

cdcarter

Postby jennmazz » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 pm

I would honestly go with you doctors opinion. I would do a second C-section 110% no questions asked. This is coming from a nurse and a physician as a husband. I have a friend that did a VBAC and it ended terribly for the baby and she is no longer able to have more children. My SIL did a VBAC with a great experience. I will ONLY be able to have c-sections b/c of my history! There are complications with C-sections, but I think it is much more safe for baby!! I hope this helps, but this is only my opinion. Hope your carpal tunnel gets more tolerable :o) I will keep you in my prayers that you find peace in your decisions!
God bless~
Jenn
jennmazz

Postby momLpray » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi,
Congratulations on your new baby and try not to be too stressed over this. Certainly, talk to another doctor if you feel you want to have the VBAC option. I did VBAC for my second child, and it wasn't so great for me. Nothing major happened for anybody, but it was still very slow, even though I had over 24 hours labor for my first before we finally went to C-section because it did not progress. I had a 9 lb. 1 oz. baby vaginally (other two were 7 1/2 lbs and 6 1/2 lbs) with broad shoulders. There was horrible tearing. Everyone told me how lucky I was to have a woman doctor who spent an hour and a half putting everything back together carefully for me. Recovery was longer than after my c-section.
My third child, I scheduled a c-section due to my previous experience. People suggested she probably wouldn't have been so bad as she was much smaller, under 7 lbs. I didn't know how big she would be, and I didn't relish that experience again. My only suggestion for planned c-section is don't eat for 24 hours before if possible. I tried to figure out why I had such horrible intestinal gas and cramps the second time and finally guessed it was because I just didn't eat for about 12 hours before, whereas with my first I was in labor so long and not able to eat (for 36 hours or so) my digestive system was much more empty. Something to consider... at the hospital, they also said that air can enter the intestines during the surgery.
I wish you the best! Learn enough to be comfortable with your decision.
Janet
I thank you - always - for taking the time to read and answer my input.
momLpray

Postby twportugal » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Thank you for the replies everybody!
After hearing some feedback from different people, I am leaning toward doing a second c-section. I think what is really bothering me most is not knowing if the 1st was necessary. I never labored and really just went with my dr's advice. He really felt it was necessary and I trusted him. Afterward, I let other's opinions about c-sections shake my trust in my dr. I also let it shake my trust in knowing that God had led me to the right dr. who would make the best decision. I forget this very easily when I hear people make remarks about Drs being c-section happy and only doing it for their own personal good. It makes it hard to remember that for me, God was in control of it all, not my Dr. and He led me to the safest path.
Jenn and Cheryl -- thanks for the feedback. Jen, it makes me feel good knowing that you'd make the same decision -- especially with a husband as a dr. My dr. is also adamant that a second c-section is much safer for the baby. He saw everything I went through with my miscarriages and just truly wants a good outcome for my pregnancies. That is his main goal and he makes that very clear.
Janet -- thank you so much for sharing your story. All I ever read about vbacs are how wonderful they are when they're successful. I have never read anybody's story like yours. My son was large (8lbs, 5oz). I'm only 5'1" and very small. My sister swears I would have had a horrible labor with him and my dr. swears he wouldn't of come out (he was very high up and was hard to get out even in the c-section). I think this baby is going to be big too. My stomach is very big and I just have the sense that I've got a big old baby in there already (my husbgand is 6'1" and a big guy -- so he provides the big genes! Lol!). I really appreciate you showing me another side to vbacs.
So I'm leaning toward a 2nd c-section and I just ask for continued prayers for a healthy pregnancy and peace with my decisions. Thank you so much. I'll update again soon!
Theresa
twportugal

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer Forum