Prayers during 2ww

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Postby marin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks guys!! I feel like I'm still on cloud nine. Even though the weather has been kinda gloomy the last couple of days, I couldn't be bothered!! Is it crazy that you can already feel so much love for this little person who you haven't even met? I've been waiting for this for so long, so I'm trying to savour every moment.

cdcarter - We have some names in mind. Her middle name will definitely be "Sarina" after DH's mom and the first name is still up in the air. We are going to pick some boys names too just in case:)
marin

Postby baylorblonde » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Very exciting news! That is a beautiful name and will go so well with so many first names. I have a baby name spreadsheet on my computer, where I write down names I like when I hear them because I always forget them later, lol!! You and the little one will be in my thoughts and prayers!
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller

"Where hope grows, miracles blossom"
baylorblonde

Postby allboys » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Great update! So exciting!
allboys

Postby katieh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I am so very happy for you!!! This is such happy news!

Sending lots of prayers,
Katie
katieh

Postby marin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Thank you everybody for your kind worrds.

I've been feeling the baby move more and more everyday! It is such a wonderful feeling. I can't wait for my DH to feel her to. I've been steadily gaining weight as well. People tell me that I don't "look like" I'm carrying a girl. They say that I only have a tummy and that aparently is the way you carry if you're having a boy. I told them to give me another month or so when I get into my third trimester and then they can reasses their comments :D

I really have no complaints about pregnancy. The only difficulty I had for awhile was falling asleep at night, but now that I feel pretty spent at the end of the day I don't have the problem anymore.

I am so thankful for this gift and continue to ask you all to pray for our little family.
marin

Postby cdcarter » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Glad to hear all is well. You and the baby remain in my thoughts and prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby marin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am

I'm 26.5 weeks now and I don't know where all the time is going. My belly is growing by the day...at least that is what it feels like. Our little girl is quite active. She moves around a lot and every so often she'll throw a couple of punches and kicks. It is so amazing to see my belly moves when she is closer to the front of my uterus. Definitely miraculous!! The nursery has been painted and we've bought the stroller. We are trying to narrow down our choices for a crib and change table. Once that's done I'll wait until about September to get everything else done. DH says to wait until after my shower to buy whatever else we'll need for the baby.

I had my 26 week appointment today and things seem to be progressing well. I heard the heartbeat for the second time and that was an amazing sound! I'm gaining weight at a reasonably normal rate and I don't have anything major to complain about at this time. I guess we'll see what the third trimester has in store for me. I can't believe we are about 13 weeks away from meeting our baby!

Please keep us all in your prayers.
marin

Postby cdcarter » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. You and your family will remain in my prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby marin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 am

I had to do a second glucose test today because my levels were a bit elevated with the first test I did two weeks ago. I hope that everything works out. I really don't want to think about having to deal with gestational diabetes. It turns out my iron levels were also low, so I'm taking an iron supplement which has made me feel better. I had a couple of dizzy spells last week that knocked me out and I was a bit concerned to say the least. It seems that the iron supplements seem to have alleviated that.

Other than that, our little girl seems to be getting stronger as the days pass since I can feel her movements more definitively. I'm really looking forward to meeting her!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers...especially for my blood glucose tests to come back normal.
marin

Postby cdcarter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:11 am

You and the baby remain in my prayers. Keep us posted about the testing.
-Cheryl

cdcarter

Postby marin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:44 pm

A quick update. I have GD, but I've been managing it really well so the endocrinologist told me that I don't need insulin and that I should have no problems with the pregnancy. My OB wants to induce me at 38.5 weeks which would mean that the baby could be born the week of October 17th! We still have to pick out a crib and change table, but we have pretty much everything else so I'm not too stressed. I will work until I'm induced because I get to work from home and I don't find it very stressful. I had my shower last Sunday and it was really nice. I think I have almost everything I need for the baby. There is a short list of items that I'll have to stock up on, like diapers and cotton swabs etc. before baby arrives so that my husband or I have to run around for that stuff once the baby is here. Other than that, I'm doing really well and looking forward to meeting our little one.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Please continue to do so. I would like to deliver this baby as naturally as possible, so that is my petition to God and St. Gerard at this point.
marin

Postby cdcarter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:27 am

Glad to hear everything is under control. Not much longer!
-Cheryl

cdcarter

Postby marin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I thought I'd provide a quick update.....

I'm 37.5 weeks now and am feeling pretty ready to meet this little girl. I'm no longer going to be induced at 38.5 weeks because I've been able to control my diabetes via diet and am not taking insulin. I don't think the OB will let me go past 40 weeks. I don't personally think I could physically handle being overdue. While the pregnany has been pretty easy up until this point, I'm now starting to feel quite achey in my lower back and legs. So far, the baby is not weighing very much. She is roughly 5.5lbs as of last Monday. She's probably about 6llbs now. The nursery is almost ready. The crib is the last thing that needs to be delivered and put together. We won't need one for the first while anyway so there is no rush. I've packed the baby's bag for the hospital and I've packed the essentials for myself. We live 5mins from the hospital so I'm not too worried if we forget something.

Other than that, I'll update you all when baby arrives! Please keep us in your prayers for a safe and easy delivery.
marin

Postby twportugal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Yay you are so close! How exciting! It sounds like you are very ready to meet your baby. I will be praying for an easy delivery and a happy, healthy baby. I hope your little one decides to come sooner than later (I know the feeling... I went to almost 42 weeks with my first!) I can't wait to hear your next update. Keep us posted!
Theres
twportugal

Postby cdcarter » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:31 am

Wonderful update. You and that little girl of yours remain in my prayers.
-Cheryl

cdcarter

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer Forum