Baby Girl is Here

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Postby allboys » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:40 pm

What great news!! I am so happy to hear how well your little girl is doing. She is truly a miracle and you are so blessed. We are now 31 weeks with our twins, and our IUGR baby is still growing and hasn't shown any signs of distress. At the last ultrasound the bigger twin was estimated at 2lbs 11oz, and the little guys was estimated at 1lb 11oz, so there is definitely a BIG difference between the two of them. They say the best indicator of fetal health is movement and our little guy is constantly moving! We will keep you and your family, especially little Charlotte, in our prayers. I will be so excited to see your post when you finally get to take her home! Again, thank you so much for your posts - what an inspiration!

God Bless,
Courtney
allboys

Postby katieh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:15 pm

I love reading your posts! I am so happy that your sweet little girl is growing. YAY!

God Bless,
Katie
katieh

Postby Mjoyce » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Charlotte is almost 3lbs. 7oz. now. She is taking almost all of her feeds by bottle, and the doctor is letting her take more formula now if she wants more. Typically, she eats 30ccs every three hours, and today, she took 45ccs in one feeding. Courtney, that is a wonderful sign that your little guy moves a lot. Charlotte was also a very active child in utero. This always made me feel better. I felt like it was her way of reassuring me she was okay. IUGR is very scary to go through, but I kept telling myself, "anything is possible with God."
God Bless All of You- I pray for you all every night.
Mary
Mjoyce

Postby twportugal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:05 pm

I love reading your story. It is so inspiring. Your baby is growing and doing so well! I will continue to say prayers for her.
Theresa
twportugal

Postby Mjoyce » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Charlotte is 3lbs. 14oz. now, and we are preparing for her homecoming. I don't want to jinx anything, but it is probably going to happen within the next few days. Pray that this will be an easy transition for the entire family. I know God has given me this beautiful gift, but I'm anxious because of her size. She's done nothing but prove that she is well, but I think I'm programmed to worry after everything we have been through. The nurses had to do a car seat test before she goes home. With the insert called the snuzzler, she JUST fits in the infant car seat. We were able to purchase really cute clothes for our almost 4 pounder at Babies R' Us, but we are hoping she won't be wearing those for long. God Bless All of You! May God continue to guide all of us.
Bless You,
Mary
Mjoyce

Postby allboys » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Mary -

What awesome news!! I am so excited for your family!! That little girl is truly amazing and I am so glad that you have been able to share your story and inspre so many. Please continue to keep us posted. You will be a fabulous mother to her - that is clear!!

Courtney
allboys

Postby cdcarter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 am

Oh, that is fantastic news! You must be so excited (and a little scared). I'm so happy for you.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby katieh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm

You sure are a wonderful mommy! I can't wait to hear about her first car ride home! YAY!

God Bless,
Katie
katieh

Postby twportugal » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 pm

How exciting! I am so happy for you. Keep us updated on the homecoming!
Theresa
twportugal

Postby Mjoyce » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Charlotte is not coming home for now. They discoverd a small hernia today that will require surgery, but they will not perform the surgery until she has gained more weight. This could be another 7-10 days. Please pray that the surgery goes well and pray for my strength. I am tired and frustrated about this.
Mjoyce

Postby katieh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm so sorry to hear the news! I'll be praying for a successful surgery for your baby girl!!

God Bless!
katieh

Postby allboys » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:39 pm

I am so sorry that her homecoming is delayed. The good news is that they found the hernia before your took her home. I have heard that they are very common in preemies. I know you must be dissapointed, but just think, she'll be that much stronger and bigger when you do get to take her home! I will say extra prayers for the surgery and for you to have the strength to deal with it all!

Courtney
allboys

Postby cdcarter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 am

I'm sorry to hear there has been a set back. These aren't that uncommon, even among full term babies. It is still scary when it is your own child though, especially since she is so small. You will both remain in my thoughts.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby Mjoyce » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Charlotte's hernia surgery has been scheduled for tomorrow. If you could please say a special intention prayer for her tonight, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks and God Bless,
Mary
Mjoyce

Postby katieh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 pm

I'll be keeping her in my prayers! I'll say a special rosary for her today!

God Bless,
Katie
katieh

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer Forum