Baby Girl is Here

Share special prayers in this forum.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Baby Girl is Here

Postby Mjoyce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

We delivered an Intra-Uterine Growth Restricted baby at 33 weeks and 3 days. She was born at 2lbs. 5 oz. on 8/28/08. She is now 2lbs. 9 oz. and appearing to defeat the odds. We named her Charlotte Faith. We got the chromosomal tests back, and they are all normal. We are waiting for the cystic fibrosis test to come back, and since I haven't stopped worrying in months, I will not stop worrying until those come back negative as well. I know there is an extremely low chance that she has this, even the doctor said it would be like lightning crashing if this were to happen, but I really want everyone to pray that she is all clear from this as well. I'm sure that she is, but prayers always help. It's been a traumatizing summer, and I just want to have peace in my heart.
Mjoyce

Postby jennmazz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:23 pm

I will keep your precious baby in my prayers! I love the name! It is very pretty. She will be a constant reminder to have FAITH in your life. It sounds like she is going to be a fighter. Please keep us posted. I bet she will be home very soon! Best wishes!
God bless~
jennmazz

Postby Mjoyce » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 pm

thank you! We named her after my Grandmother Charlotte. And Faith, faith is all we could hold on to during the entire pregnancy
Mjoyce

Postby angelsjazz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 pm

What a pretty name! Congratulations....Keep us posted on her progress!
angelsjazz

Postby allboys » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 am

I have been reading this borad for years now and have always been so inspired by the posts. I just had to register and reply to you, however, becasue you will never know how much hope your story has given us. We have been belessed with a twin preganancy - both boys (and I have a 2 year old boy at home!). We had no ide we were having twins until our ultrasound at 19 weeks. We were shocked and felt so blessed. At that very same appointment we were told that Baby B was measuring a few weeks behind in growth. We did not understand what it all meant but we of course we have gone through many ups and downs in the 10 weeks since that ultrasound. We have had doctors that insisted we should do genetic testing, doctors that lectured us about putting Baby A in danger when he is "perfectly normal", in order to save Baby B, it goes on and on. In my heart I have known all along that God and St. Gerard would watch over these boys and I have been at peace putting it in God's hands. I now go in 2x a week for intensive monitoring of both boys and so far so good. We just call our IUGR baby our "little peanut". We are almost 29 weeks and I am just praying to get somehwere beyond 30 to give these guys even more strentgh before they are to be delivered. Hearing your story only gives me more "FAITH" and hope and I so appreciate you sharing your good news. Your little girl will be in our prayers!
allboys

Postby Mjoyce » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 pm

We too were told to possibly terminate our pregnancy. Of course, we would never do this. I did wind up having pre-eclampsia at 29 weeks, and I received steriod shots to aid her lung development. Thank God I did. At this point, except for being small, she looks healthy and beautiful. Today, we watched her take 11ccs from a bottle. Even though she is only the size of a 32 weeker (and she is gestationally a 35 weeker), she seems to be doing rather well. I too will pray for your twins. Keep your mind on God and not on the doctors. Pray for your doctors but don't revere them. My sister-in-law's friend went through the same experience. Doctors even told her that one of her twin babies would die shortly after he was born. Recently, I received a photo of the two babies, now 5 years old, going to their first day of kindergarten. It gave me hope and faith. They are both doing well.
Mjoyce

Postby katieh » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 pm

You will definitely be in my prayers! I can't imagine what the last months have been like. I will pray for peace in your heart and mind! Your little girl is so lucky to have such wonderful, loving parents.

God Bless,
Katie
katieh

Postby twportugal » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! I will be praying that she continues to stay healthy and that keeps developing. Keep us posted.
Theresa
twportugal

Postby cdcarter » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 am

Congratulations! Welcome, little one! This must be a very scary time for your family. YOu will all be in my thoughts. Sounds like things are going really, really well so far though. WHat a beautiful name too!
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby Mjoyce » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 am

Charlotte is 2lbs. 15oz. today. She's regulating her own temperature, and it looks like her pic line will be coming out in a couple of days. It sounds like she might be coming out of her incubator and sleeping in an open air crib within the week as well. We are so amazed by this girl! She is tolerating her feedings really well. Please continue to pray and give her strength. I believe that the miracle is continuing. Still haven't heard about the other test results, but we figure no news is good news. Thank you so much for all of the prayers.
Mjoyce

Postby cdcarter » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:37 pm

You and Charlotte will remain ni my thoughts. I'm so glad things are progressing well.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby Mjoyce » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Charlotte is 3lbs. 2oz. now. She's in a crib, and she is off all of her iv's. Please continue to pray that this little girl thrives and stays healthy. She has the sweetest little face in the world. Her big sister Avery gave her big hugs today and kissed her on the head. It was so sweet. Avery is 2, and sometimes it is hard to visit Charlotte while Avery is at the hospital too, but she was especially sweet to her little sister today. Pray for my patience too. I know she needs to be in the hospital, but I can't wait for the day that she is home with our family.
God Bless to Everyone,
Mary
Mjoyce

Postby katieh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 am

I am so happy to hear that she is getting bigger and stronger! Your little angel will be in my prayers each day! I can't wait for the day that she gets to go home.

God Bless,
Katie
katieh

Postby Mjoyce » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 am

Well, all of your prayers are definitely working. Charlotte had a 2 ounce weight gain last night. She's 3lbs. 4.5ounces now! My prayers are with all of you as well.
Mjoyce

Postby cdcarter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:16 am

This is wonderful news! I'm so glad she's doing well. She will remain in my thoughts.
-Cheryl

cdcarter

Next

Return to Prayer Forum