Overdue thank you

Won your battle with infertility? Let everyone know here.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Overdue thank you

Postby sabina » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

I prayed to many saints when trying to conceive a baby, and st. Gerard was one of them. It took almost 7 years but finally after dealing with health issues, the death of my father in law and marital tension over not being able to have a child, the 5th round of IUI was successful!
My daughter is now 2 years old and I am teaching her to say "thank you" but I realize I never thanked St Gerard for hearing my prayer. I carried his prayer card with me to the hospital for a safe delivery - I had an emergency c-section after 24 hours of induced labour.
I came back to this forum to pray that I be blessed with another child. I remember when my friend had a child and complained about how sad she was that she couldn't get pregnant again. At the time I thought she was ungrateful because I didn't even have one child. Now I am in the same position and I understand her and feel sorry that I judged her. Wanting to bring another life into the world is a wonderful thing, because once you experience the joy of motherhood, you want to experience it all over.
So, don't give up on your dream - I cried so many tears but offered my pain up to The Lord. I got pregnant when I was in good spirits and stopped feeling sorry for myself. I pray for everyone who reads this experiencing infertility to find the strength and faith to cope. Also, please keep me in your prayers that I may have the second baby I dream of. I am already 40 years old and don't have much time left. Thank you.
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
Emily Dickinson
sabina

Return to Success Stories