Maybe an unusual prayer request

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

Maybe an unusual prayer request

Postby momLpray » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,
My name is Janet, and I just experienced my first miscarriage after 3 healthy pregnancies and children. My heart goes out to all you ladies who have had one or multiple miscarriages or stillbirths. No one can understand how devastating it feels without having the experience.

A wonderful friend told me about Saint Gerard, patron saint of mothers, after I first learned my baby's heart had stopped beating. I found this website, and at first, I prayed that my baby would be saved and that it wouldn't really be true that it was lost. Once I had to face the reality, I began to pray for another pregnancy and child.

Now, I am hoping for help and guidance. I am not certain another child is the best choice; although, I have wanted another for about 2 years (after my youngest was about 18 months). My husband thinks 3 is enough (and he has 3 others college age and above, as he is 15 years older than I). However, he does not want me to regret not having another and has said he will support me if this is what I want. Soooo much pressure to make the right decision. Please pray for me!
I thank you - always - for taking the time to read and answer my input.
momLpray

Postby cdcarter » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. As for how many children are right for you, that I cannot say. I do think that you have to ask if you will be questioning not having another child in 5 years, 10, etc. I don't know a single person who has regretted having another child, but some of that is because of the crowd I surround myself with. I know of a couple of people who decided not to have more and are okay with it.

I think praying for guidance is the best thing to do. Leave yourself open for the answer.

You will be in my prayers.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby momLpray » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Thank you, Cheryl.
I decided during lent that I would focus on prayer this year, and I prayed every day. One of my prayers was that God would bless me with another child or would give me peace with having 3. I fully expected the latter, but in June I knew I was pregnant, and it was completely unexpected! I was hesitant to tell my husband, but he laughed and said he was happy about it.
Of course, the baby not surviving left me very confused about God's message. For another child, the timing gets a little more difficult now... after an infection and d&c, I feel I should wait at least one menstrual cycle before trying, and I did not want to wait. My husband will be changing jobs next summer, and it just creates complications for health care.
Thank you for listening and for your prayers.
Janet
momLpray

Postby cdcarter » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:00 am

It's not always easy to figure out what is right, but it seems the "thinking" part of the process can only be worked around. The exception may be waiting a cycle (of the DR told you that was best). God speaks to your heart.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby momLpray » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:17 am

Yes, the doctor did tell me to wait for one cycle. I'm thankful he did not say more, I know some doctors still tell everyone to wait 3 cycles regarless of circumstances. I still struggle... one minute, I'm sure I want another child, the next, I am questioning whether it is the right decision. At least, I have some more time to pray. I hope with the help of my prayers and others' I will make the right choice.
Janet
momLpray

Return to Introduce Yourself