I'm new - old, but hopeful!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Destined, hoping, cdcarter

I'm new - old, but hopeful!

Postby ncjelj » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 pm

My name is Jennifer - I'm 42 and have never had children. I've had some major health issues over the past 7 years of my marriage and therefore have been unable to even think about a family. I'm now healthy, happy and unfortunately, older. My husband and I would love to have our own children.

I'm currently going through fertilty treatment and acupuncture treatments in the hopes of becoming pregnant. My doctor says all levels look normal, but my eggs are old...I've been praying to St. Gerard for months now and continue to do so. I truly believe in the strength of prayer and know that I wouldn't be here without the strength of God's grace and the prayers that got me through my trials.

I'm sending out positive thoughts and prayers to everyone and look forward to the support and kinship of this forum!

Thanks -
Jennifer
ncjelj

Postby cdcarter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 am

You and your husband will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Update

Postby ncjelj » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 am

A lot has happened since my first post - I've been through 2 IUIs with no success, had two cysts removed from my right ovary and have had a chemical pregnancy (just recently). We were scheduled for an IVF in two weeks and I'm now having second thoughts. I struggle so hard with this decision. We got pregnant on our own and what a gift it was while it lasted....my doctor seems to think that because I did get pregnant that we should try another IUI instead of the IVF...I'm going to be 43 in a month and just wonder if this is taking too much of a chance?

Does anyone have any input or thoughts? I'd really love to hear what someone else who has been through this thinks.....I'm sad right now as I'm still waiting for the final blood test to confirm no baby....it's tough to focus on the next steps when you're still mourning....

Thanks for any input and prayers...

Jennifer
Jennifer
ncjelj

Postby cdcarter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:47 pm

You might want to ask on the Prayer Forum. I think people see that more. You will remain in my thoughts.
-Cheryl

We finally made #3 after 49 cycles of TTC and more or less coming to terms with the idea of no more children!
cdcarter

Postby thelittleflower » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles.

Why not try something totally different that has a higher success rate than both IUI and IVF? And one that you don't need to worry about from a moral or religious perspective?

NaProTechnology - New Hope for Infertility

You will be in my prayers as you consider what steps to take for growing your family.
~ Rachel
...married since summer 2008, TTC since fall 2008 using Creighton Model/NaProTechnology...

"I am come that you might have life, and have it abundantly." - John 10:10
thelittleflower

Thank you for your comment,

Postby ncjelj » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 pm

But as I don't have any issues with my fertility other than age, NaPro would not help me. I have strong hormones, standard cycles etc...I just have old eggs with abnormalities due to age.

Jennifer
Jennifer
ncjelj

Return to Introduce Yourself